Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Sorry lots of posts today.......

I just have some issues with some of the people who are leaving comments on this. First of all, until anyone has been through what we have and walked in our shoes, I think there are alot of people out there who should just keep their mouths shut. One comment was that we should be thankful that we have our boy, and that we should not be thinking about legal action.

Um hello, we have spent the last 8 days in the hospital 24/7, I have plenty of time to think about things. And to say that I should be on my knees praying that I still have him??? Do you want me to show you the sores on my knees from being on them so much??? I thank God for every second that I have with each and everyone of my kids, and my husband.

But I do have to think of the long term effects that this is going to have on Rhett. He has scar tissue already developing the outside of his lungs from all of the trauma that they have had. We have been told that he can devlope seizures down the road from the lack of oxygen. His hernia repair could have been weakened from the chest compressions, and the bowles could push through again at anytime, he could suffer major gross motor regressions, and the pressures in his lungs are already elevated. We are going to be back up here in a few months for a cath. Who do you think is going to pay for this.

We would not be in this situation if it weren't for 2 stupid nurses that did not do their job. I am not asking for millions of dollars, and taking the hospital for every penny they have. We just want to make sure that our boy is going to be taken care of medically. I am sure that anyone in my position would be thinking the same thing. The nurses and doctors, and the risk management team have all told us that he should be taken care of. We are not the type of people that make up lawsuits over anything. We have never ever even been involed in one. But when a hospital screws up this badly, something has to be done for the sake of my son.

There is a huge difference between greed and making sure that the hospital is taking care of a problem that they created in the first place. I don't know why I am explaining myself. Just hit a nerve I guess. You would think that people would have some compassion, rather than critisize someone right now. I would never leave a comment like that when someone was so emotionaly stressed. But I guess that is because I actually care about people. Some people just need to make other people feel bad to make themselves feel better I guess. By the way have you not seen all of the other posts that say I am so thankful I still have my baby? Hmmmmmmmm...