Monday, April 16, 2007

Why are our lives filled with so much tragedy?

My mom called me at 9:03 this morning to let me know that my uncle had passed away from a heart attack. I just cannot figure out why there is so much tragedy going on around me. Since 2004 our lives have been a whirlwind of one tragedy after another. At what point do I get down on my knees and beg for all of it to stop?

Or do I just keep going and thank the Lord for all of my many blessings that I do have? I have learned over these past three years, never to take a single breath for granted. It amazes me how quickly our lives can be altered forever.

As I am typing, my cousin is in surgery having a foot repaired after a motorcycle accident. We have been praying for him since the accident. He has some back injuries as well, however I do not know all of the details.

So my dear readers, at this time I am asking for some prayers not just for me and my immediate family, but for my extended family as well. Please say a prayer that my cousin can recover quickly, and also for some comfort to all of those in our family that need it right now.

My uncle was a wonderful person. He will truly be missed.

9 comments:

Sara said...

you are in our thoughts and prayers!

Sara & Nathaniel

Jessica said...

Oh Pam, I am so sorry to hear about your uncle. Your family is in our thoughts and prayers.

Kei said...

Pam, I am thinking of you at this time of sorrow. Prayers for you & your extended family. (((HUGS)))

Michelle said...

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your uncle. Will be keeping your family in my prayers.

jennifergg said...

I'm so sorry.

Michelle - Momma to 2 Muffins - Soon to be 3! said...

As always, Pam, sending prayers to you and yours. I'm so sorry for your loss my dear friend.

amy flege said...

i dont know what to say but that i am so sorry pam. hugs to you!

Christina said...

I am so sorry! We will be thinking of you and your family.

Kari said...

Sending prayers. I'm sorry for your loss.