Monday, April 16, 2007

Why are our lives filled with so much tragedy?

My mom called me at 9:03 this morning to let me know that my uncle had passed away from a heart attack. I just cannot figure out why there is so much tragedy going on around me. Since 2004 our lives have been a whirlwind of one tragedy after another. At what point do I get down on my knees and beg for all of it to stop?

Or do I just keep going and thank the Lord for all of my many blessings that I do have? I have learned over these past three years, never to take a single breath for granted. It amazes me how quickly our lives can be altered forever.

As I am typing, my cousin is in surgery having a foot repaired after a motorcycle accident. We have been praying for him since the accident. He has some back injuries as well, however I do not know all of the details.

So my dear readers, at this time I am asking for some prayers not just for me and my immediate family, but for my extended family as well. Please say a prayer that my cousin can recover quickly, and also for some comfort to all of those in our family that need it right now.

My uncle was a wonderful person. He will truly be missed.

9 comments:

Sara said...

you are in our thoughts and prayers!

Sara & Nathaniel

Anonymous said...

Oh Pam, I am so sorry to hear about your uncle. Your family is in our thoughts and prayers.

Kei said...

Pam, I am thinking of you at this time of sorrow. Prayers for you & your extended family. (((HUGS)))

Michelle said...

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your uncle. Will be keeping your family in my prayers.

jennifergg said...

I'm so sorry.

Michelle said...

As always, Pam, sending prayers to you and yours. I'm so sorry for your loss my dear friend.

Amy Flege said...

i dont know what to say but that i am so sorry pam. hugs to you!

Christina M said...

I am so sorry! We will be thinking of you and your family.

Kari said...

Sending prayers. I'm sorry for your loss.