Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Little Miss Gabi......

If there is anything I have learned on my adventures with Rhett, it is that no matter how bad my days may seem there is always somebody out there who is worse off than me. I have had the chance to meet so many incredible people. Whether it be in person or through the world of the internet, it does not matter. They are all special to me, and are all family. The day that I had Rhett and found out that he was blessed with a little something extra, I became part of a family that I never new existed.

I can be in a store, and a complete stranger will come up to talk to me. For whatever reason they have been touched by someone with Down Syndrome. It may be that they have a family member, or just know someone with that extra chromosome. Before I had Rhett, I would have never had the chance to meet any of these people.

I have developed many close relationships with people because of that extra chromosome that my son has. One of them that I have come across is Little Miss Gabi. Her and her family live in Kansas. Gabi had an AV canal repair on her heart, the same surgery that Rhett had at 4 months old.

Gabi has developed complications, and she is not doing very well. She had her surgery 6 weeks ago, and is still in the hospital on a ventilator. Because of her complications she has developed Chronic Lung Disease. I know this families pain. Although Rhett was not on a ventilator that long, he too developed Chronic Lung Disease, as well as Pulmonary Hypertension. Those are two very scary diagnoses to be thrown at you. Epically when it is your infant that they are giving that diagnoses to.

Next week if all goes well, Gabi may be getting a tracheotomy. Her parents are the sweetest people. Although I have never had the chance to meet them in person, I have followed Gabi's story for the last month or so. As of right now Gabi will be in the hospital until fall. That is an awfully long time to be there.

Right now more than anything Gabi needs your prayers. She has had a mysterious fever that has lasted two weeks, and they cannot figure out why it keeps spiking. I know I ask for alot of prayers for people, but please understand that Parker, Lillian, and Gabi all hold a very special place in my heart. I have been through what these families have. I know what it is like to sit in the hospital for days and weeks on end, watching the world go by, and just wishing that I could join them and go back to my normal boring life.....WITH my child.

Please, take some time out of your busy schedules to pray for Gabi today. I leave you with some pictures of Micah's little baby doll....You can also visit their blog at: http://www.gabrielesheridan.blogspot.com/








2 comments:

Connie Barris said...

I saw you over at Ivey's blog... They are friends of mine...

I love your family... and your heart.. not because you have special needs but because you have a special heart...

today our world is all about self entitlement, give me give me... I'm in overload with that... I want to enjoy the gifts that God has given us...

Ivey's mom, Gwen reminds me daily what that is...

Through God's journey in my own life, I see that...

You too seem to have your own journey through God's eyes...and through Rhett's...

blessings

Angel Gabi's Mommy said...

You have such an amazing heart! Once again tears were brought to my eyes. I am begining to think crying is a daily need for me these days! This time is was tears of joy...those I can handle. Thank you so much for your entry on my angel. She is having a better day today and I know there is a reason for that...all the love and prayers!
Hugs:)