Monday, December 17, 2007

Sugar Land......

On Saturday we made a sugar euphoria at our house. The last two years I have been extra busy taking care of Rhett, and so my sister, (bless her heart) has done these traditions with my kids. This year she came over and we all did them together. It was the best time I have had in a long time.

We started off the day making Gingerbread Houses........

However Rhett decided to be a party pooper......
But we all still had fun even though he slept........






After Rhett decided he was all good on his beauty sleep, he woke up and we decorated Christmas Cookies!!

Okay, now this is HUGE, he actually held the utensil and decorated his very own cookie!!!

Then he decorated his hand.....
Okay, so he ended up eating the frosting, but notice the utensil is STILL in his hand? He didn't throw it!! HOORAY!!!

Here are some shots of the other kids decorating their cookies....




And the finished product.......



Then we ended the night with Rhett's new most very favorite song and dance.....

The Hokey Pokey....





Seriously, does life get any better??????

4 comments:

Marla said...

This is great! You all look like you are having so much fun. I love the idea of making a gingerbread house! We may have to try that. Your sister sounds like a real sweetheart!

Kari said...

What great fun. We had a similar weekend :) Your houses turned out really nice I love them!! The hokey Pokey is hilarious love it!! Hurray on the utensil use RHETT WTG!!

Michelle said...

I love the 'party pooper' sleeping in his high chair! TOO CUTE!

Looks like a wonderful day!

Damama T said...

YAHOO! Aren't fun family times the best. I actually think it's kind of neat that Mr. Party Pooper got a nap while the others got your undivided attention for a little while. It made his awakening even sweeter! And speaking of sweeter - I love that icing the hand thing! Way too cute!

One word of Damama's wisdom: please be sure you get in some of the pictures with your kids any time you are making memories. All too often moms stay behind the camera way too much. After my mother died I went looking for pictures of the two of us together. There are none. I repeat.. there are N.O.N.E. because she and I were always taking the pics and never in them together. Please make memories WITH and FOR your kids, not just memories OF them. When you are gone, they will cherish those memories even more.

xoxo and TTFN!