Wednesday, April 23, 2008

AnDy GoT a JoB!!!!!!!!!

Hooray!! After much debating and praying since Andy has had to make a career change, he decided to go apply at a car dealership. He wanted to do sales, as he has done them in the past and is DANG good at it. Anyone that knows Andy knows that he can talk your head off, and is a very outgoing people person. He can talk to anyone at anytime, and convince you that ocean front property in the desert is a wonderful idea.......(okay he's not that bad, but that's what I think of when I think car salesman!!)

Anyways, he is very energetic, and loves challenges, he always strives to be the very best at what he does, and that is why he is going to be great at this job.

It comes with great benefits, paid holidays, vacation time, and all of that great stuff. It feels like we are actually going to be normal people again!!

He knows a couple of the people that he will be working with from umpiring and playing softball. They are willing to work around his softball schedule on Monday's and Tuesday's by giving him the earlier shifts so that he can play. He will also be working lots of Saturday's, which is fine by me since we can't go camping like we used to anyways, because of Rhett's medical issues.

He will start out with a base pay for the first 3 months then go straight on commission. The good thing about that, is come June this dealership is moving, to a great location, and will be growing like crazy.

So the only thing we are bummed about, is that he doesn't get paid for a month, and we are already living very tight. So tight that we wrote out our utility bills knowing that we didn't have the money for them right now, but that our bank will cover them because our account has an overdraft cushion. What do you do though? We have to have electricity so that Rhett can have his oxygen, and so that we can cook for our kids. We have to have gas so that we have hot water to bath their bodies.

I am working on getting a yard sale together to do this Saturday or next, depending on the weather. We have lots of Junk that is just sitting around waiting to be thrown away or sent to goodwill, why not try to make some money off of it?

Hopefully that will pay for gas. Andy has been taking my Durrango to job interviews because his truck is out of gas, and I had a full tank. I told him that when that runs out he better get his bicycle out that he has never ridden and start riding it!! (Another thing to go into the yard sale pile!!)

I know things will work out, I just have to have faith. Like last night I was sitting there so worried about what we were going to do with Andy not having a job, and I knew that I had to have faith that he would get this job today, and what do you know, he did!!

It's all about the faith, and knowing that Heavenly Father will provide somehow and some way if we only believe.

Thank you for all of the prayers. Thank you so much. I know that they helped him nail this interview!!

((HUGS!!))

The Bird Flock

13 comments:

Niksmom said...

Yahoooooo!! Congrats, Big Daddy!

Pam, a thought for the yard sale...make cookies or some sort of inexpensive, easy to make baked goods and sell them for $0.50 —or whatever seems reasonable that will more than cover the costs so you have a little extra on the side! :-)

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! Congratulations - I am thrilled for you!

Michelle said...

Yay! Congrats, Andy!

Jen P said...

Congrats! You guys so deserve a break! The bake sale is a really good idea. Maybe you can get others to donate some baked goods too for you to sell?

RK said...

Congrats! I'm sure that's SUCH a relief. Can't wait to see how great he does.

Megan said...

Wonderful news!! And you are right, God is going to work it all out and he always provides!!
Megan

Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

Yay! That is wonderful news!!

The Bryant Family said...

It is hard sometimes to keep the faith, I think those of us whom struggle daily with medically challenged kiddos knows all to well... There are times I am really mad at Heavenly Father and dont understand why we have to go through so much, telling him he doesnt know as much as he thinks he does, I cannot HANDLE ANYTHING ELSE ON MY PLATE.....then it was told to me. ITs ok, God is a big boy and can handle you being upset at him. Just like our fathers. It is a good darn thing because I struggle daily.
Hang in there. Rhett is looking so much better and I am glad, I was worried for him when he lost so much weight. I wish I was rich....in money and not love sometimes. Hee hee....but dont we all. Having money doesnt make you happy but it sure helps make things smoother. I am thinking of you and your family--I know that doesnt help pay the bills but maybe Heavenly Father will hear ALL of us praying for you. Have a nice Thursday!

Michelle said...

I've been reading for awhile, but don't think I've left a comment before. I understand the money issues, it's not easy. One tip I have for making easy yard sale money is to sell bottles of water or cans of soda. You can usually get a case of water for about 4 bucks, sell them for a buck a piece, and you just made $20! It works especially well if it is warm out that day.

Good luck!!

Anonymous said...

Yes! Congrats! No pay for a month? Argh. That sounds rough. Sending prayers.

jkribbit said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so glad things are finally starting to look up for you guys! Hang in there! We're all pulling for you!

Anonymous said...

If you don't sell everything at your yard sale you should post it on KSL.com, it is free and we sell a lot of stuff that way. There are a ton of people that look there :) Good luck.

Anonymous said...

YAY! Wahoooooooo!!! That is just fabulous news :D