Saturday, April 12, 2008

Tyler......

Well, I got on here to post update about Rhett, but checked my emails first. I was excited to hear an update about Jodie's little Tyler, but as I read, my heart broke in two.

He was admitted for an aggressive round of chemo, but had a rare adverse reaction to it, where his skin is peeling, and cracking and bleeding. They had him on Morphine, but it wasn't working so they switched him over to Dilaudid.

Tyler's daddy had a strong feeling to go check on him, and found that Tyler wasn't breathing. He had coded. They were able to stabilize him, and he seems to be doing a bit better today. However he is in so much pain with all of thses sores. They are in his mouth and down his throat as well.

So please, if you get a minute stop and say a little prayer for beautiful little Tyler, and his sweet family.

This has hit so close to home for me, as the drug Dilaudid is the same drug that Rhett coded on when he was overdosed.

Jodie, you and Brent are always in our thoughts and prayers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no. I am so sorry. Hugs.

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

Wow, I just caught up with your blog. Looks, like you had an eventful weekend. I am glad that you found the source to Rhett's sudden change in attitude. That is scary.

Poor Tyler, we will keep him in our prayers.

Have a great week.

Love,
Amy