In my quest for a post for every day of this month, I thought I would share with you 21 one things about Rhett that make our family happy. As you may know Down syndrome is also called Trisomy 21. It's name Trisomy 21 is because Rhett has an extra chromosome on chromosome 21 you and I have only two chromosomes on #21, Rhett has 3....Ya following me here?....Which gives him a genetic make up all around of 47 chromosomes rather than the typical 46 that you and I have.
(How's that for a quick rundown on our genetic makeup?)
Anyways, I'll quit trying to pretend I know so much and just get on with the post.........
1. When Rhett was born, PREEMIE clothes were too big for him!!
2. He got to come home from the hospital the day before Halloween which was 1 day before he was due!! I was really hoping he would be born on Halloween!!
3. He was a total shrimp even at 4 months old, but had a fuzzy chicken head and legs. I mean seriously how could you NOT love this face?
4. He is one tough freaking dude. By the way, the above picture was taken the day before this picture. This was when he had his Open Heart surgery...He put on a little weight after surgery wouldn't you say?
5. He knows how to utilize every available option on any type of toy.
6. He lets me put antlers on his head without being too worried that I am a complete psychopath..... Okay, so maybe I lie, he wasn't happy AT ALL.
7.He has a smile that just makes YOU smile.
8. His fat is waaayy cuter than mine!!
9.He totally rode on a Wave Runner before he was even 2!!
10. He loves to be outside just like the rest of the family...
11. When I've had a rough day and the kids are screaming in the car, I can't find his binky, and I am on the freeway. I can have a moment of total breakdown, tell him just to suck on his stupid duck, and he does....happily I might add....
12.He's a total Angel...see the oxygen cord in a halo up above his head even proves it!! (This picture was taken only minutes before he had his near fatal overdose on pain medication.)
13.He's got some great fashion sense to go along with that smile of his!!
14. He's been known to sneak up and find the remains of my Oreo shake and make a TOTAL mess of himself in a matter of seconds.....
15. He doesn't seem to mind too much if Daddy tries to feed him to the monkey's at the zoo.
16.He can sleep pretty much anywhere with pretty much anything tangled around him.
17. His insides are just as cute as his outsides!! (This is an xray of his Congenital Diaphramatic Hernia)
18. He likes to hang out with his Peeps....and eat them too!!
19. He has the cutest bubble butt ever.....
20. He looks totally HOT in sunglasses......
21. He is just like any other little 3 year old boy. His extra chromosome is just that, an extra chromosome. It doesn't define who he is. He is Rhett, plain and simple, he just does all of the things that other little boys do.
8 years ago