Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!!



We are closing a huge chapter in our lives right now.

Weare going to loose our home for the second time in a year and a half.

We are looking at moving into a 3 bedroom condo, but I think this is a good thing. The price for rent is right, and we won't have to worry about keeping up on home repairs that we don't have the money for, nor will we have to worry about a yard that neither Andy nor I have the time to work on.

I wish our credit was good enough to just refinance, but we have so many medical bills that went into collections over the years, it's just not going to happen. We are the type of people that always pay our rent and utilities first, and then medical bills. With our house payment ballooning to 2300.00 a month, well, I don't know anyone who can pay that type of a payment. I HATE adjustable rates. The bank has been so good to us, and they have tried to help us, but I know this is out of their hands as well as ours. It's okay though. I know we are not the only ones who are going through tough times.

We are hoping that by doing this, we will be able to build up a nest egg again. It is so frightening to me not to be able to have any type of money to fall back on when we have an emergency.

Yes this means our dogs and cat will go to new homes, but they will still be in the family. As far as Andy's reptiles, well we are super close to getting Rhett's Pet's off the ground. They will all have temporary homes until we get our store front going.

Some more good news is that my house is finally clean from the Christmas Explosion as I like to call it. I mean it's not like it was a total disaster. It's just that the kids presents were everywhere. Chloee had opened all of her barbies and just left the boxes in the sitting room, and it was driving me insane.

So that's what 2009 has in store for us. We are finally getting the settlement, and we will be back on our feet. How awesome is that?

Also, in February, I am going to be starting my photography, so if anyone is interested in having a photo shoot let me know. For the first few people I will only charge for the prints that are made up.

Eventually I would like to give back by going into homes and taking photos of families who have chronically ill children who can't take them to portrait studios to have their pictures done. But I need to get my business up and going first.

I have a dream though, and my I know that my dream will become a reality. It will just take time.

Thank you so much for those of you who have supported us through 2008. We are so blessed to have such amazing friends and so many prayer warriors for Rhett. I can't imagine our lives without you.

13 comments:

Proctor family said...

pam,
I think you are in the same boat as alot of people right now. I don't know anyone who could pay that house payment. We need a pet store around here I hope that works for you guys and your photography idea is a great one I will pass the word around. We are praying that 2009 is a great year for your family. Happy new year
love Angie and Mariah

My Three Sons said...

Your house payment is outragous and it isn't your fault. I just feel like if the banks got so much money for a bailout, so should you!!

I'm glad you have dreams. I think helping out parents with pictures is such a wonderful idea. It takes such a strong person to do that and it has to be a blessing for the families as well.

You have been such a great friend to me and my family. Thanks for always checking in on us. It is a wonderful feeling to have such a great support group backing me and keeping my on my feet. I call you my backbone. Thank you for everything.

I'm praying that we all end up having the best 2009 with healthy kids and NO hospital visits.

Love you guys.

Kaci

Chris said...

I think you fall into a financial catagory with about half (if not more) of American families right now. It sounds like you are doing all the right things and can't get ahead. My family has struggled a lot financially in the last year too. Although for many different reasons then yours. I think your story is inspiring and I am happy to offer you my support through prayers and well wishes. May 2009 be a better you for you.

datri said...

Sorry to hear you are losing the house. Maybe a fresh move will be a good thing for the new year. Hang on to your dreams!

Amie said...

Sounds like 2008 was rough for a lot of us. We too lost our home in 2008. And a car, our credit, and most importantly our Brody.
I absolutely love your idea of taking pictures of critically ill children. I wanted pictures of Brody more than anything when I found out he only had days to live. I took a few myself and I hate to see them but I'm glad I have them. You would be providing a great service to people with your dream. I hope it works out for you and I hope 2009 is a better year for us all!!

Niksmom said...

Sending you hugs and prayers and wishes that 2009 be the year your family gets a much deserved and needed break! Lots of love. xo

Teddybear said...

My heart goes out to your family. Perhaps moving to a smaller home would be a good start.

I pray that your dreams and store front will come your way soon. May this new year be much brighter than 2008 - may Rhett also become healthier each day. Love Deb.

Shari said...

Oh Pam! I know you have a such a rough year, but you are one amazing lady! I am so sorry you will lose your house. That happened to us, too. I am so much more comfortable in a rental right now because if it needs work we leave it to the landlord. I know 2009 will be an amazing year for you and I hope you are blessed beyond measure! You deserve it!

Aimee said...

Oh Pam... I am so sorry to hear that you're loosing your home. It makes me so sad for you. I think that 2008 was a pretty rough year for a lot of us.

Please let me know when you start taking some pictures. I'd love for you to take some of Ava for me.

Jodie said...

Love you!!!!

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

Actually the bank could help it... the could just transfer the interest to a fixed rate! Grrrr...

Well, I love your positive outlook on all of this. Keep your chin up because you are doing a great job! I wish you all a very blessed 2009.

momtojesse said...

I want pics done. I wish we were closer to each other. You take amazing pics. Congrats on getting your house cleaned after Christmas. I'm still trying to find time to unpack and get settled back in. I hope everything in 2009 is better for you guys than last year.

GFMouse said...

I will be praying for you. Hey when you get your photography off the ground here is an awesome site to get involved with to take pictures for families with ill kids.
http://littlestheroesproject.org/

Best wishes. Your twitter bud JanelB
I don't blame you for going private Ive had to do that with my id.