Tuesday, September 11, 2007

How in the HECK did this happen?????

My oldest son has had some teeth problems. We took him into the dentist about a month and a half ago, and they gave us the estimate of what it would take to correct this. 7,502.56 to be exact. That is without insurance.....GULP.

Well we have been trying to figure out where to come up with this money, right, I mean come on, money isn't exactly growing on trees around our house lately.

Well the lady at the dentists office calls me on what happens to be a very bad day for me last Friday. She proceeds to tell me that if I do not bring Dakota in to have his teeth fixed that they are going to turn me into DCFS. Well I came unglued on her. I told her that we do not have 7500 dollars coming out of our A$$, (sorry for the vulgar language.) and I explained our house situation, Andy not working, as well as him needing back surgery.

Then I proceeded to tell her that unless she would like to give us her paycheck for the next few months, that she should leave me alone.

I had been in contact with Dakota's case manager from his psychiatrists office the day before, and we had discussed his teeth. She knew about it and was in the process of looking for a dentist to do it at low cost. So I knew I would not be charged with child abuse, because I am working on getting the situation covered. (Honestly how much can one person do?????)

So this lady from the dentists office changed her tune when I spent almost an hour telling her what is going on in our lives right now. She told me that she would have the office manager call me back sometime next week.

Today Andy went into the dentists office to see what we could do, if there was any way they would do it with only 50.00 up front as that is what we can afford right now.

He talked to the dentist himself, and we have an appointment tomorrow with ALL of our kids. He will do exams and cleanings, and any work absolutely FREE OF CHARGE.

I am in shock. I have no idea what to do or say. All I can think of right now, is that it is a HUGE blessing for our family. Just another way for God to say, "Hey I really am looking out for you, and you are not alone." Which is how I have felt the last couple of weeks. Very alone.

But tonight I will sleep much better knowing that my kids teeth will be taken care of.

5 comments:

Kei said...

Pam, that is so wonderful!!!

And you, my friend, are never alone.
Hugs,
Kei

Christina M said...

Wow!
That is so great! It is so nice to hear that just when everything else seems to suck, some puppet will pop up and clear the mine field.
I am so happy for you.

Jessica said...

Wow, that is WONDERFUL! It's amazing how some kind & thoughtful some people can truely be. You have found a gem for a dentist, that's for sure!!!

Angel Gabi's Mommy said...

That is exactly why I want Gifts of Gabi's Grace to be HUGE!!! I am so happy you got a break, we have been asking for a while and finally got one yesterday with Jason's dad...kind-of! Anyways I believe these acts of kindness happen to good people...God is watching over you and your family!
Hugs to you all!
Love from our special angel above!!!

Kari said...

That is so awsome!!! :) I recently watched the movie "The Secret" were you imagining a Dentist offering you free dental work? LOL
Nice things do happen to nice ppl and I'm so happy you got your turn :)