Thursday, December 20, 2007

No Go on the MRI.......

Well, the chest x-ray today showed that Rhett's lungs are still a little cloudy, so they won't do the MRI until they look better. He still has 4 more days on the antibiotics.

They told me to call tomorrow morning and reschedule 3 weeks from now. They aren't taking any chances putting him under general anesthesia with cloudy lungs, and I am so very grateful that they are on top of these things. I have felt yucky about the whole thing for the last few days anyways.

Rhett's been trying to pass mucous plugs the size of a golf ball, and it consists of him coughing, spattering de-sating, gagging, and finally bringing up the contents of his stomach before he can get them out.

I wish I had one of those little suction thingy's that they have at the hospital. It would save alot of trauma on him and stomach contents on me if we had one. There is only so much I can do with Little Noses saline solution and a nasal aspirator.

I am sure these de-sating episodes are wreaking havoc with his PH as well.

I can't believe a stupid potato could cause so many problems.

Anyways, now at least we can get on with the rest of the weekend and enjoy Christmas. I must say that I am relived we are not going through with it at this time.

I'll keep you updated when we have the next date set.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Pam - Hopefully the delay will allow you to relax and enjoy the holidays. Merry Christmas from our family to yours!

Michelle - Matthew's Mom

Marla said...

Poor little guy. I am glad they will not do the MRI if he still has lung cloudiness. I hope he can recover soon. Maybe in three weeks you will all have more energy to handle it too. It must be hard helping him and handling Christmas. Hang in there. Hugs.

Kari said...

I hope you enjoy your holidays!! Merry Christmas!

Christina said...

Wishing you a very happy and safe Christmas!

Hugs Prince Vince and the gang!