Thursday, April 10, 2008

PCMC Frequent Flyer (A Big Daddy Update)

Pam just called and they are on there way home!!! I'll let Pamela fill ya all in. We did get some answers. I hope Pamela doesn't keep you hanging long. Ha ha.

Peace and out,
Rhett's Big Daddy (Andy)


While PCMC now considers Rhett a frequent flyer. This means he has been there and spent so much time in the hospital that we no longer need to fill out any paper work. All we need to do is update them on any medication changes. I drove up to the hospital tonight to check on Pamela and Rhett. When I got there Rhett's heart Dr. was there. The first words I heard out of his mouth were "looks good". I'm thinking great some good news. Wrong!!! All he was checking was his heart rate, that is based in the low 60's. They are taking Rhett of his Norvasc (aka heart medication). The reason for this is that is the only thing they can think of that is lowering his heart rate so dramatically. The Dr's want to monitor Rhett for two days while off the Norvasc, and document any changes. So the long and short of it is, an extra long weekend in a room without a view. Still no answers. The three hour round trip drive was well worth the hour I got to spend with Pamela and Rhett. Rhett looked better to me. He didn't look so dehydrated, and had some color back in his face. I was very excited to see that much improvement. Off to bed so I can get the kids up and ready for school.

Love ya all,

Rhett's Big Daddy (Andy)

9 comments:

~ Teresa ~ said...

I'm still praying for Rhett. Thank you for the update...
Take care,
~ Teresa ~

Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

Thank you for the update. I'm glad you saw a little improvement...I hope much more comes today.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update Andy.

I hope Rhett continues to improve.

Lots of love to all of you...

Rebecca

Recovery Guru said...

I really hope that it is his heart medicine that has caused all his recent problems, would they just put him on different medicine? Keep us posted on his progress I am still praying that everything will turn out o.k. for your sweet baby!

mom2noah said...

Hi Andy, thanks for posting updates on Rhett. I'm happy to hear you are seeing some improvement. I continue to pray for Rhett and you all.

Michelle said...

So glad to hear Rhett's looking a little better! You're in our thoughts!

Sunshine Marketing said...

Pam- It was so great to meet you and Rhett today! I was right- that little Rhett is YUMMY! He just melts your heart! You seem in better spirits and he looked really good, hopefully this is the beginning to the end of THIS episode in Rhetts journey. Take care and if you ever need anything, please let me know! We will for sure do the BBQ thing this summer!
Tami and Thatcher

Anonymous said...

You guys are an amazing family. I am in awe and inspired by your love for one another. Prayers and hugs being sent as always.

Niksmom said...

Yay! Glad Rhett and Pam are on the way home! Can't wait to hear the latest.