Thursday, June 5, 2008

Going Back to PCMC......

I guess we should have let them admit us, I just can't keep the upper hand on Rhett's throwing up and diarrhea. He isn't super dehydrated yet, but he is getting there. We had an explosion just a little bit ago that had blood in it......from both ends.

He isn't too lethargic or anything but is really irritated at every little thing and won't let me put him down. Andy is headed to work, and I am SO thankful that it's my mom's day off from work.

I think his little body just needs a rest from pushing fluids so much so that he can recover from this. It's the exact same trend that we went through in November over Thanksgiving.

I have been trying to talk myself out of going back up to the hospital, but my mommy instinct keeps telling me stronger than ever that I need to take him back. Even Andy agreed, and he usually thinks I am a worry wart.

Which I'll admit I am.

So who knows how long we will be there. I am sure this will push his surgery back, but I'm okay with that. I want him in tip top shape for it.

Poor little guy just can't catch a break. It just stinks, I feel so bad for him. I don't know where he picked this up from either. I haven't taken him anywhere. He played on the Slip N Slide on Saturday, and we went to Daddy's softball game on Tuesday, but I can't see where he would have picked it up from. He is the only one that's been sick.

I always feel so guilty when he gets sick. I try so hard to keep him healthy.

SIGH........

3 comments:

Stephanie @ Ralphcrew said...

God bless you both! How frightening...will keep you all in my prayers.

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

Don't feel guilty. So are you guys inpatient or did you just go back up to have him checked out. Darn it...this stinks, I'm sure. Keeping you all in my prayers, as I always do.

jkribbit said...

Kids will get sick - especially kids with such a fragile immune system. There's nothing you could have done. You're a great mom, Pam. Hang in there!