Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Accepted!!

Dakota got accepted into the homeschooling program that we were trying to enroll him in. We couldn't be more thrilled. This is going to take a bunch of social pressure off of him. We are just putting the finishing touches on his IEP paperwork, and faxing some other documents in and we should be all set.

He is so happy. His therapists all agree that this is a good thing to do for him. But I still hope I am doing the right thing. It's a big responsibility to take on, and ties me to the house even more, as far as not being able to go out and work.

I kinda miss working, but my job here is so much more important. Okay, so maybe I don't miss working per say, but I miss the money. You don't know how bad I want to just go shopping and have fun. I don't get to do that anymore. It was an expensive hobby to have, but it was such a stress reliever for me.

One of these days, I will get to do it.

I found a whole bunch of little doggy clothes on freecycle. So Roxy, (that's what we decided to name her, and she responds to it really well), is oficially a spoiled princess dog. Chloee has so much fun dressing her.

Andy just rolls his eyes. ;)

Speaking of Andy, he is feeling left out on his blog since nobody comments on it. But I must warn you he was a little upset about yesterday's events and posted a few videos to the anon commenter about the whole snakes eating rabbits thing. Which in all reality is it any different than us eating meat products? No not at all.

Anyways, go over and tell him what a sicko he is. I'm sure he'll enjoy it. He likes attention.

Today I am thankful that my friends are taking me on a girls night out to the Carrie Underwood and Little Big Town concert tonight. It's going to be so much fun, and I really need the out. We have floor seats so WOO HOO!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Pam!! I've seen Carrie Underwood and her show is great! Have a great time and enjoy the night. I think Roxy is the perfect name for your dog.

Don't disable the anon. comments, just ignore the uneducated .

Suzy...p .s. I'm glad Dakota is now homeschooled. kids don't need any more pressure on them.

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH I am so excited he was accepted!!! My kids love it and the program is AMAZING... the tools, books, etc they send you are the best and he is going to just love it.

Shelly said...

I saw Carrie Underwood last year! She is awesome! have a great time you deserve it!

DTanner said...

I am so jealous! Enjoy yourself, you have earned it!

Lacey said...

Then I need to talk to you girl. I can't get my seven year old autistic son to go to school.Love Lacey and Jax

My Three Sons said...

That is great news about the home school deal. I have a good friend that has 7 kids and she home schools all of them. It seems to work out well for her family.

Hope you have a great time tonight. I'm jealous!!

Niksmom said...

Yay for Dakota! That's awesome news.

Not even talking about Carrie Underwood; I'm green with envy. ;-)

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

Have a fun time at the concert. That should be a good one, I am jealous.

I hope the home schooling works out. I am glad that Dakota will be somewhere he feels more comfortable.

Stephanie @ Ralphcrew said...

Yay for Dakota! Now he can concentrate on learning rather than dealing with a bunch of crap. What is the program? I hope you find a groove with homeschooling and make it fit your lifestyle. You are going to do just fine, I'll bet!

Aimee said...

I'm so excited that he was accepted... and I really hope you had a great time at the concert!

Lori said...

I'm curious as to what curriculum you are planning on using. I'm a homeschooling Mom as well and am thinking of changing types next year. You have a beautiful family, hope all is going well.